GRADUATE PROGRAMS ADVISOR
Ecology, Evolution, and Marine Biology
University of California, Santa Barbara
Summary of Job Details
The Graduate Program Advisor is responsible for all aspects of the Ecology, Evolution, and Marine Biology and Interdepartmental Graduate Program in the Marine Science graduate office including recruitment, admissions, financial management, fellowships, TAships, and student support and program requirements administration. Advises approximately 105 graduate students with emphasis in individualized graduate research training that highlights innovative, cross-disciplinary research with over 36 research groups in EEMB and 20 research groups in IGPMS. The Graduate Advisor also provides solutions and alternatives to complex academic, financial, personal problems as necessary to assist students with normal progress to degree. The experienced professional works autonomously analyzing and resolving problems on a case by case basis. The Graduate Advisor works directly with faculty making recommendations on student's progression and requirements as well as placing the students in the best fit research environment as needed.
• Bachelor's Degree In related area or equivalent training and/or experience.
• 1-3 years experience working in higher education with Student Affairs, program management, and knowledge of admissions and matriculation practices and processes across different higher education systems including Community College, California State University, and University of California Systems.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to work with a diverse population of faculty, staff, and students.
• Be a team player as well as work autonomously.
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Knowledge of University policy and procedures.
Special Conditions of Employment
• Satisfactory conviction history background check
• UCSB is a Tobacco-Free environment
Hiring/Budgeted Salary or Hourly Range: $24.81 - $27.44/hr.
Full Salary Range: Salary offers are determined based on final candidate qualifications and experience; the budget for the position; and the application of fair, equitable, and consistent pay practices at the University. The full salary range is $24.81 - $39.85. The budgeted salary or hourly range that the University reasonably expects to pay for this position is $24.81 - $27.44/hr.
Work Location: Life Science Building room 4310
Working Days and Hours: Monday-Friday; 8:00am-5:00pm
Benefits Eligibility: Full Benefits
Eligibility for Remote or Hybrid Work: Hybrid Eligible (minimum 3 days/week in-person)
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Open until filled.
Apply online at https://jobs.ucsb.edu
Job # 51240
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.