St. Vincent's is seeking full-time (40 hours a week) Teachers at its Early Childhood Education Center. Since 1858, St. Vincent's has been providing affordable, quality childcare in a safe, loving, and nurturing environment. The Center is open year-round and is licensed for infant, toddler, and pre-school age children.
This position requires a minimum of 24 ECE units (with at least 3 units being Infant/Toddler units). Candidates must have an AA/AS or BA/BS in Early Childhood Education or be working towards their degree. Teacher permit is a plus. Candidates must have a current First Aid/Pediatric CPR certification.
- 24 units in E.C.E. including core courses (3 Infant/Toddler units required for Infant Toddler Teachers), or related degree
- 6 months teaching experience (lab experience is acceptable)
- Community First Aid/Pediatric CPR certification
- Commitment to ongoing education in the field of Early Childhood Education
- Ability to work independently with a strong level of organizational skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work with all levels of clients
- Possess good writing, speaking skills.
- Demonstrated leadership at professional level
- Must demonstrate personal identity with and commitment to the Mission and Values of St. Vincent’s.
- Is conscientious in follow-through on job requirements and has the ability to be a self-starter.
- Possess the ability to generate enthusiasm and inspire confidence and support
Must pass criminal background fingerprint check and pre-employment negative TB test. Vaccinations must also be up-to-date, and certifications provided.
Position is non-exempt, hourly and is scheduled for Monday through Thursday 8:30 am - 5:30 pm, and Friday 8 am - 5 pm.
Compensation depends on experience.
- Health Insurance – Employer pays 75% of Premium
- Dental Insurance – Employer pays 75% of Premium
- Vision Insurance – Employer pays 100% of Premium
- Life Insurance – $50,000 of Life Insurance Paid for by Employer
- Retirement Plan – 403(b) and 401(a) Plans
- Gym Membership – Employer Provides $55 per month to Employee for any Wellness Related Membership
- Paid Holidays – 12 Holidays per Calendar Year
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – 17 Days (1-3 years), 22 Days (4-6 years), 27 Days (7 years & beyond)
- Paid Bereavement Leave – 3 Days of PAID Bereavement Leave per Calendar Year
- Paid Jury Duty Leave – 5 Days of PAID Jury Duty Leave per Calendar Year
- Generous Preschool Enrollment Discount – 75% Enrollment Discount
- EDUCATION REIMBURSEMENT – Up to $1,000 per Quarter/Semester
- JOB SIGNING BONUS – 5% of Annual Salary
- REFERRAL BONUS – $500 per Successful Job Referral
- TRANSPORTATION BENEFIT – Paid Mileage to and from Work from Home
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and resume by responding to this post.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Opened in 1858 by the Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul, St. Vincent's is a Roman Catholic organization serving the needs of the Santa Barbara Community. For more information regarding St. Vincent's and its mission, please view our website at http://stvincents-sb.org/