The law firm of Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck is seeking an Office Clerk to work in our Santa Barbara location from the hours of 9:00 am – 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday. The office clerk role is an essential position within our office and will be working on site with our attorneys, professional staff, clients and vendors with a mix of legal and facilities assistance.
This role will provide a variety of responsibilities within each day by being a combination of a legal clerk and a facilities clerk, a sample of responsibilities listed as follows:
- Organize and assist with closings
- Prepare and review documents and checklists
- Update departmental file lists as client matters are created
- Work with our records department to manage, track and maintain legal files
- Assist secretaries by filing documents
- Proofread documents for errors
- Assist with special projects as the need arises
- Process incoming and outgoing USPS, FedEx and UPS items
- Maintain appropriate supply levels within office
- Back up receptionist during breaks and absences (greet guests, sign for deliveries, answer phones)
- Assist with print and copy requests
- Set up and clean conference rooms
- Sanitize common areas, PPE will be provided
- Occasionally deliver in person documents to the nearby courthouse, pick up mail from USPS and run nearby errands for office needs
The successful candidate will possess a professional and flexible demeanor to work with a variety of individuals while assisting in an evolving mix of responsibilities. We are seeking a highly motivated self-starter, who possesses strong communication and organizational skills. We are requiring a high degree of proficiency within Microsoft Office and a comfort level to pick up new software.
We prefer candidates to have experience from the following areas:
- Professional services environments, preferably from within a law firm or legal department
- Office services or copy center
- Legal clerk position
If you hold the above characteristics and have the necessary experience, please apply through our website at www.bhfs.com.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.