For over a century, 19six Architects has been dedicated to projects that enrich the community. Originally founded in Santa Barbara in 1906, our firm is rooted in serving clients within the K-12, Community College, Healthcare, Performing Arts, and Civic markets. 19six Architects offers a diverse and collaborative environment with passionate and innovative professionals. We invest in our staff and provide opportunities for professional and personal development.
19six Architects is seeking a full time and highly motivated Office Assistant to provide administrative support for our Santa Barbara office. We are looking for an individual who is adept at producing high-quality documents, communicating in both verbal and written, and is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as the primary receptionist (answering and directing incoming calls and greeting, directing, and assisting visitors).
- Provides administrative support to Principal, Associate Principal, and professional team.
- Types, updates and proof reads correspondence, forms, spreadsheets and documents.
- Ability to plan and schedule meetings and appointments.
- Coordinates Santa Barbara office corporate credit cards.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies.
- Organizes and maintains paper and electronic files.
- Maintains general office tidiness.
- Runs errands and performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- High School diploma required; Associate’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years of office administrative experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite – high proficiency with Word, Excel, and Outlook is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar, punctuation, proofreading, spelling and telephone skills.
- A team player with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet simultaneous deadlines.
- Detail oriented, organized, superior project management skills.
We are proud to reside here on California’s Coast and provide our employees with meaningful work while living a great life.
Benefits of being a 19six Architects Employee
- Medical, Dental, & Vision – 100% Employee Premiums
- Life, AD&D, and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Project Sharing Plan
- 10 Days Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays & Sick Leave.
- Health & Wellness Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Performance Based Bonuses
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan
- Flexible Office Hours….and lots of collaborative fun!
Join our team, community, and atmosphere!