My name’s Till.
Together with my business partner Edward, I’m a co-founder of Course Concierge, the online course publishing house.
For the past four years, I’ve been based out of Los Angeles but now looking to move part-time to Santa Barabra. To that end, I’m looking for an in-person personal assistant who can essentially manage my day-to-day life in Santa Barbara.
If you are someone who…
- Feels you’ve a lot to give, but isn’t at present sure how to harness it;
- Is excited by novel problems and quickly finding creative solutions;
- Enjoys lending support and being in a supportive role;
- Wants to excel in your career, and take pride in active and diverse work;
- Is seeking an opportunity to prove yourself;
…this is a listing worth reading to the end, and considering.
Besides running Course Concierge, I have two young twin boys I spend a lot of time with. They live with their mother in Los Angeles, where I will spend 3-4 days a week. However, the other half of the week I’m looking to spend in Santa Barbara.
The role will be subject to wide-ranging demands. As a taster, but by no means an exhaustive list, early projects and day-to-day activities will include...
- Finding a place in Sant Barbara and furnishing it.
- Running daily/weekly errands - buying things for the house, getting groceries, sending/returning packages, printing documents, setting up the house,...
- Finding and planning activities – booking a personal trainer with a private gym, making a list of all fun hiking trails, schedule time on a local car race track,...
- Subsequently helping manage my social life in SB - restaurant reservations, (once the pandemic has abided) organizing dinner parties, hosting friends/family/business partners
- Hiring and managing the house cleaner and looking after the house
- Life admin - finding a local bank branch, finding a good doctor and making appointments, setting up internet, paying bills, managing newspaper subscriptions,...
I’m looking for someone who can be a reliable source of support for a long-time to come. In time, for someone very capable the role will very well expand in responsibilities (e.g. helping manage my general calendar, light business admin, liaison with bookkeepers/lawyers, researching, reaching out high-level business people,...)
The position will start at 20 hours per week, and pay will be set at a competitive rate.
The ideal candidate has access to a car, knows Santa Barara well and is available to work a flexible schedule.
You can read more about the company here: http://courseconcierge.com
If interested, please write back (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a short letter noting your experience and why you think you’d be a good fit. Do not send a CV of any kind – we’re not interested in where you went to school, just that you can do it.
I won’t be able to get back to everyone, but for those who stand out, I will be in touch to discuss next steps. (Expect responses starting Wednesday, July 15th.)
Like any assistant position, it’ll be a role of deep insight, and so it’s one we’ll be selecting for carefully.
Thank you for considering the position. If you’re on the fence about applying: please do.
Best of luck, and we look forward to hearing from you,
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.