The Accountant is responsible for all segments of general accounting, financial reporting, is audit liaison for independent financial audit and works closely with the Executive Director for all areas of the agency’s business including contracts and insurance. The Accountant is also responsible for accurate and timely reporting for government contracts
and for employee timekeeping. Reports to the Executive Director.
1. Handles all accounting - financial records and journals, A/R and A/P, bank reconciliations, obtaining backup documents for the agency credit card, payroll reporting to ADP, sales tax quarterly returns, issuance of annual 1099’s and other government reporting as needed. Accountant is also responsible for preparation of the annual budget, and for maintaining and updating the Official Documents of the agency.
2. Oversee and monitor all contracts/guidelines to assure timely and accurate reporting. Work with individual staff members to assure their understanding as it relates to their contract responsibilities.
3. The Accountant is responsible for preparing reports for presentation to the Board of Directors Finance Committee and the Board at large.
4. Works with Executive Director, outside agents and brokers to secure and maintain liability insurance, D & O insurance, workers compensation coverage and employee benefit programs.
5. Assist with annual year-end audit with outside auditors; prepare reports and schedules as needed as well as assist with the year-end non-profit informational returns.
6. Provide financial information to support the Grant Writer.
7. Support the Executive Director and all other employees to fulfill the Agency Mission Statement for all that we serve.
JOB TYPE: Full-time, 40 hours/week
If interested please email a cover letter & resume to email@example.com.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.